Professional Affordable Housing Management Association ‘PAHMA’ . . .
The History of PAHMA
PAHMA is a non-profit organization that was formed in 1986 by representatives of the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Pittsburgh Area Office and several management agents. The purpose of the organization is to provide a medium for the exchange of information and ideas between HUD and the industry, to enable management agents to solve common problems, and to facilitate communications between management agents and the affordable housing regulatory agencies, including HUD and the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency (PHFA).
- To educate Owners and Management Agents involved in Affordable Housing
- To facilitate the exchange of information between the Affordable Housing industry and appropriate regulatory agencies
- To promote continued viability and excellence in Affordable Housing
PAHMA prides itself in:
- Educating Owners, Management Agents, Site Management and Maintenance personnel in the Affordable Housing industry
- Providing a vehicle for meaningful dialogue with HUD, PHFA and other regulatory agencies
- Providing timely information on issues facing the Affordable Housing industry
- Providing an exchange of information leading to enhanced professionalism through networking opportunities between our members
- Promoting a standard of excellence within the Affordable Housing Industry and acknowledging Owners, Management Agents, and Staff members for their achievements
- Furthering the national program of providing Affordable Housing and better communities of quality for qualified persons
PAHMA is administered and operated by an entirely volunteer Board of Directors. Membership is open to owners and management agents of affordable housing and others who support the purpose of the organization. Our membership consists of over 100 management or ownership entities that pay nominal annual dues.